With the kids getting out of school soon and the official start of summer biting at our heels, I know you are trying to fill the calendar with fun but inexpensive fun for the whole family. As always, Fredericksburg Park & Recreation has you covered!
Remember a couple of months ago our $5 and Below post? Well we have done you one better for the month of June, $2 and below! So what do you say, deal or no deal!?
If you picked no deal, then you are missing out. But if you are willing to see what is inside of each briefcase that an awesome member of our staff is holding, then let’s play!
- Briefcase #7 is being held by Linda Bailey and Mary Dempsey our Nature Coordinators. Inside you will find the FREE Kids Fishing Derby at Motts Run THIS Saturday, June 7th. All you need to bring is fishing gear/bait, a water bottle, lawn chairs or blankets, and buy lunch from one of our vendors or just bring your own! No need for pre-registration, you can register on-site beginning at 7:30am! Perfect for the whole family!
- Briefcase # 007 is being held by our Farmers Market Managers (link to website here). Inside you will find the Kids Market, this Saturday June 7th from 9-1pm in Hurkamp Park. This fun event is held in conjunction with the Farmers Market and Art in the Park and it is FREE! Come by and check out the homemade goods created by 8-15 year old kids…the looking is free, but bring some cash if you would like to purchase what you see!
- Briefcase # 14 is being held by me, Tiffany Capehart, Special Event and Marketing Coordinator. Inside you will find passes for the whole family to attend a FREE viewing of the 18th annual Rappahannock Regional Soap Box Derby on Saturday June 14th at the William St Hill (stretching from the corner of UMW and William St to William St and Kenmore) from 8am – 3pm. The Free Lance-Star & COX Classic features 106 racers ages 8-18 competing for the title of champion in their division! We will have food, fun, and speed! Come with a lawn chair and cheer on our racers!
- Briefcase #18 is being held by Joanne Jones, Superintendent of Leisure Services. Inside you will find the Dixon Pool Beach Party on Wednesday, June 18 at 8pm. The cost is just $2 per person and is open to all ages. No need to pre-register, you can just pay at the pool!
- Briefcase # 25 is being held by me, Tiffany Capehart, Special Event and Marketing Coordinator. Inside you will find FREE passes to Music Under the Stars with the Fredericksburg Concert Band (link to their website). Held Wednesday, June 25 (rain date July 2) at Hurkamp Park, enjoy their new set “Made in America” music from American composers. In addition, Papa John’s will be on-site selling pizza which means that you don’t have to worry about making dinner! Fun starts at 7pm. Just bring a blanket and/or lawn chairs and spend an evening of fun music under the stars.
- And our last briefcase, #27 is also being held by me, Tiffany Capehart, Special Event and Marketing Coordinator. Inside you will find passes for the whole family to attend a FREE viewing of the Fredericksburg Photography Show June 27-29 in the auditorium at the Dorothy Hart Community Center. This show is an incredible display of local amateur and novice photographers in 11 different categories. Spend some time exploring the arts and who knows, maybe you will be inspired to enter next year!
I hope you enjoyed opening each briefcase as much we did planning them for you. We hope to see you at some of the events here soon! And if you see the event organizer, make sure you tell them how you found out about the activity you are attending!