Unless you're heading out to the annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party, let's just take a step back from the infamous Christmas sweater and come up with 5 easy ways to look holiday festive this season.
- Red! Nothing says Christmas like red!! I love it paired with ivory or gold (or both) for a sophisticated look. Try a red suit pant, a gold sequined tank and an ivory sweater for something chic and fun.
- Plaid. Do you know the difference between plaid and tartan? I didn't, so I looked it up. It appears that plaid is a noun that refers to an article of clothing, whereas tartan is more like an adjective that refers to the print. Who knew! Try a plaid tank with a cozy open cardigan with jean & boots!
- Winter white. So fab! I love it monochromatic for bold sophisticated glamour. Try a chunky winter white sweater with ivory seasonless trousers. Don't forget to add the pearls, or gold statement necklace to finish it off.
- Lace. Such a classic. Try a fresh take with a lace shirt paired over a tank, and a full skirt. Add stilettos, tights and a clutch and you're drop-dead gorgeous!
- Whimiscal sweatshirts. This is the new and improved 2013 version of the Christmas sweater. Find them with metallic embellishments, cutesy verbiage, and holiday trimmings. I love them with distressed jeans and a ballet flat. Cute, comfy and warm!
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and hope to see you out and about in your holiday festive fashions.