In response to my last blog, I was inspired by the number of ladies who volunteered for a makeover as part of my Winter Wonder Glam Workshop. Although only one lucky lady was chosen, and you’ll love her story and transformation, it got me thinking about what we can do for ourselves to break away from inevitable style ruts and familiar comfort zones. A makeover brings change, progress and new beginnings—all things good. So, here are a few things we can do to reinvest in ourselves, which is always worthwhile and rewarding. Choose one or do them all….it’s the perfect time to introduce the new and fabulous you!
- Haircut---I’m living proof that this is huge. After a year of growing “it out”, I was bored and uninspired. I had fallen in the rut of the daily ponytails with no sign of hope. Just a week ago, I cut it off, and it was truly liberating! I feel like a new person! It truly is the equivalent of painting a room—it can be that dramatic, and provide just the boost you need.
- Mani/Pedi—other than the obvious benefit of setting some time aside for pampering, you will feel better with soft feet and painted nails. Trust me on this one.
- Facial—I don’t treat myself often to a facial, but why not? Our skin is so important and we need to take care of it. A little exfoliating and moisturizing goes a long way.
- New lip gloss—this just makes me giddy. It’s a quick and easy purchase, but who doesn’t love new lip gloss? Tell me I’m not alone here. If Santa is reading this, please just fill my stocking with sparkly gloss and I will be eternally grateful.
- An exercise routine—in full disclosure, I need to do this. I always feel better about myself when I incorporate some exercise into my day. Make it a brisk walk around the neighborhood, a jog with your kids or a full-on workout at the gym. Just do it. You’ll thank me later.
- A new outfit—while you’re out checking off the Christmas list, take advantage of the holiday deals and discounts, and find a little something for yourself. Choose separates that will easily mix and match with your existing wardrobe.
What would you add to the list? I’d love to hear from you!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!