Sorry I have been so silent as of late! I’ve been learning bloggy things, vacationing, and packing for vacationing. Whew!
Anywho… All this packing and unpacking has made me really think about my diaper bag. Full disclosure: I actually carry a backpack and not a classic diaper bag.
Seriously, guys. Once you get a backpack you never look back! At first, I was totally against it. I was, like, afraid of losing my street cred or something. Bah! That was all nonsense! The backpack totally rules.
Not that I have anything against the classic, over the shoulder, diaper bag. I was once very much attached to this guy here:
The main problem was that I nailed my toddler in the face with it every time I bent over to, like, hand him a sippy cup or something. Every. Single. Time. That bag was heavy, too. By the end of the day, I would have back pain from uneven weight distribution wah I am so delicate.
Aside from a total change in diaper bags, I’ve noticed what’s inside my bag has also changed quite a bit since I’ve last had a widdle baby.
Items That Could Be Found In My Bag When Archer Was 3 Months Old.
- My wallet.
- My phone.
- My sunglasses (if they weren’t lost or broken)
- A nipple shield.
- A nursing cover.
- 5 disposable diapers (we switch to cloth when our babies fit into them. Which is roughly at 10 pounds. I have small babies.)
- A case of wipes that I constantly replenished.
- Wet Ones.
- Pacifier wipes.
- At least one pacifier he never took.
- Two changes of clothes for him.
- A shirt for me.
- Burp cloths.
- A muslin blanket.
- Socks for Archer even through it’s usually 80 degrees in September.
- A baby hat for no reason at all (see above).
- A healthy snack for me.
- A bottle of water for me.
- A soft, stimulating toy (not for me).
- Band-Aids and Neosporin.
What I Have In My Bag Today, With A 3 Month Old And A Toddler.
- My wallet.
- My phone.
- My sunglasses should be in here… they’re around here somewhere.
- 3 disposable diapers for Maddox, in various sizes, and a freezer bag of wipes all wrapped in this awesome Velcro thing my friend made me.
- Two cloth diapers.
- A wet bag.
- Maddox’s blankie.
- One burp cloth.
- Sunscreen spray, a bottle of sunscreen, and a sunscreen stick. I HAVE ALL THE SUNSCREEN.
- A sun hat for Maddox.
- A Wet Ones bag containing a single Wet One.
- Band-Aids scattered everywhere and two tubes of Neosporin.
- A mangled cereal bar.
- A bag of Annie’s Organic Graham Bunnies
- A sippy cup
- A coloring book (I don’t have crayons, though. I win at preparedness!)
- A pair of shorts for Archer that actually fit! Yes!
- Two onesies in size "Newborn." Boo.
- A pair of my socks.
- A toy car.
- A coupon to Chick-Fil-A.
- Thank you notes I never sent out.
Quite the change, eh? I have stayed true to my Aquiphor, though! That stuff is amazing!
So tell me. What’s in your bag?