I am so excited to be the September, Blogger-Of-The-Month! Woot! Hope you all have as much fun reading my posts as I’ll have writing them. Yay! Blogging! Exclamation points!
Let’s Do This Thing!
I’m one of those people who believe, in the deepest parts of their heart, that Fall begins on September 1st; Much like Winter starts on December 1st, Spring on March 1st, and Summer on June 1st. IT JUST DOES. So happy first day of Fall, everyone (or Autumn, if you’d rather)! This has been my favorite season ever since I was a wee, little Brenda. Well, except for last Fall when I was pregnant with Maddox. I had a horrible aversion to the ENTIRE season. I hated the smell and flavor of pumpkin spice, I couldn’t handle cinnamon, and I actually became nauseous looking at the color orange. It was terrible and weird.
Fall means pumpkin spice lattes are back, the weather is crispy, I can wear boots and jeans, and school starts again. Well, for other people’s kids. Archer is two (and will start pre-school next Fall *gasp*) and Mads is 4 months old. Back in the day, I was that little girl who loved school and always looked forward to this time of year! Ahhh, I can smell the number two pencils now…Memories!
This will be my first Fall with two kids. You know what that calls for? A BUCKET LIST. I heart list making. What can I say? I’m a Libra.
Fall 2013 Bucket List, Y’all.
- Go apple picking. I grew up in Fauquier County, and have fond memories of Hollin Farm. I plan on taking the kids there this year. Fresh air, fruit, animals, beautiful countryside, what else do you need?
- Drink a pumpkin spice latte. Already accomplished! I don’t mess around, guys.
- Jump in a pile of leaves. Archer. Will. Filp. His. Gourd. Speaking of which…
- Pick pumpkins! Last year, we scored a Groupon for Belevdere Plantation. Though it’s fun, I think we’ll stick to Snead’s this year. It’s perfect for kid’s as young as mine and so very sweet.
- Decorate aforementioned pumpkins. We’ll probably paint ours or do something that doesn’t involve knives. Archer is big into painting and stickers right now, so that’s right up his ally.
- Make pumpkin pancakes. I LOVE THESE SO HARD. My husband, J, is not a fan. He’s more of traditional pancakes and syrup kinda guy. More for me and the boy!
- Run a race. I signed up for The Color Run, in Richmond, with a few of my friends (It’s in two weeks! Eek!). J and I plan on running The Turkey Trot, on Thanksgiving. I still need to sign us up though…
- Take the boys Trick-Or-Treating! I think this will be the first year Archer will really get into it. He was kind of, “meh” about the whole thing last year; probably because we waited until 8:00pm to go out. Rookie error! I have no idea what to dress the boys up as. Gah! So excited about this one!
- Take the boys to a high school football game. We live downtown, and can easily walk to a James Monroe game (and leave quickly if the boys melt down. Win!).
- Take a nature walk to collect pine cones, acorns, and leaves with the kids. We can use them for fall inspired crafts and décor.
- Visit Maymont, in Richmond now that the weather is nice.
- Visit a craft beer brewery or two, with J.
Now it's your turn to share! What’s on your bucket list this year?