Calling all Young Artists!
We want your work entered in our Children's Art Show. This show is open to children 4yrs - 12th grade with there being age groups for each category.
While the Art Show will be on display Thursday—Saturday, the Children’s Art Workshop will be on Saturday, March 14 with fun and creative art experiences from 10am-2pm for children of all ages to enjoy!
There is a $6 fee for the Children’s Art Workshop for each child ages 3 and older. **If your child has entered work into the Art Show the $6 entry fee to the Children’s Art Workshop will be waived once they check into the event. All other sib-lings ages 3 and older will be subject to the $6 fee and will receive an art apron.
Eeeekkkkk!!!! We cannot BELIEVE how awesome our Fred Parent readers are: you nominated Fred Parks & Rec in so many categories for the FredParent Fam Favorites! We are so overwhelmed with appreciation, excitement and gratitude to know that we are giving you guys exactly what you want. Thank you for thinking of us!
But now we need you to put your money with your mouth is and vote, vote, vote! From now until March 31, please spread the word like wild fire that Fred Parks & Rec is flippin’ awesome and vote for us in any or ALL of the following categories:
- Best Indoor Activities– Motts Run Nature Center Birthday Parties
- Best Outdoor Activities for Family Fun– Picnic in the Park
- Best Summer Camps– Summer Fun and camps at Motts Run
- Best Dance Lessons– Starfires Dance & Cheer
- Best Party Venue– Motts Run Nature Center
- Best Parks– Old Mill Park, Maury Playground, Motts Run Reservoir, Hurkamp Park, Alum Spring Park and Kenmore
Speaking of summer camps, SAVE THE DATE!
- Registration for City residents (zipcode must be 22401) starts on March 24
- Registration for Non-City residents (County residents welcome!) starts on March 31
We are guaranteed to give your child(ren) a summer to remember! *Please note, that all registration must take place in person at the Dorothy Hart Community Center. Bring a copy of their birth certificate, your registration form and either cash, check, or credit card
Other upcoming noteworthy dates:
- 3/3 Registration opens for Adult Flag Football Tournament
- 3/3 Deadline for NYC Springtime Bus Trip
- 3/5 Deadline for Lil Kickers, Lil Strikers, Girls Volleyball and Youth Running Club
- 3/5 Deadline for Pickleball Tournament
- 3/7 - 3/8 Wilderness First Aid
- 3/8 50th Anniversary of Fredericksburg Big Band
- 3/9 Study Skills Strategy Course
- 3/17 Eco Explorer
- 3/17 Get Your Green On For St. Paddy's Day
- 3/18 Awesome Orienteering
- 3/23 Youth and Adult Tennis
- 3/28 The Bare Essentials of Survival Workshop
- 3/31 Firebuilding
- Easter Bunny Breakfast & Indoor Egg Hunt
- 3rd Annual Dog Easter Egg Hunt
For details on these programs and more, including one for the parents, visit our online catalog. Can’t wait to see you out at our programs!