With the last wintery mix behind us, it’s time to start thinking about spring fashion! As we put away our boots and transition from our winter wardrobe, here’s a peek at what to incorporate into our closets to be on trend and fabulous in the ‘Burg!
1. Full Skirts: Tea length, and the fuller the better! Oh so fun and oh so girly! Try pairing with a graphic t-shirt, cardigan and pumps.
2. Athletic-Inspired: Find athletic- inspired details in fun finds like varsity jackets, the track pant and cute baseball T’s.
3. Liquid Metal: Iridescent metals are on everything from evening gowns to suit separates. The shimmer is so contagious!
4. Pastels: Every spring, we see the pastels make a comeback. This season, freshen them up cutting the super sweet shades with a neutral—try tan or white.
5. Floral Prints: You won’t just find flowers in the garden. This year, I’m coveting a floral blazer. I plan to wear it with white denim. Stay tuned…
6. Pleats: Unlike the floral print (which has increased in scale (the bigger the flower, the better), the pleats have shrunk. Introducing, the micro-pleat. I love it!
7. Crop Tops/Jackets: This year it’s all about the crop top. If you’re not 12, perhaps try them layered over a soft tank (I like the “Tami” (cross between a tank and a cami) from Old Navy).
8. Luxe Sweatshirts: Best trend ever. A sweatshirt with glam. The best of both worlds.
9. Blush: Huge color trend. So feminine. Goes with everything. I love a monochromatic look with various shades of the same color!
10. The Button-Down: Always a classic, but the modern twist is the contrasting collar. Wear it with, well everything.
What spring trends are you looking forward to trying? What trends will you be skipping? I’d love to hear from you!
Until next time, dress like you mean it.